1. Members are expected to register with their real names, and have these as their displayed user name.
2. We place a high priority on civility. Members are expected to treat each other with respect and courtesy. Abusive posts and "flaming" are not tolerated, and will attract severe sanctions
3. We also place a high priority on critical thinking, and we expect members to support viewpoints with evidence and data, and logical presentation. We strongly discourage "argument from authority".
4. We deprecate emotionally-loaded language, as this tends to generate more heat than light, and encourage members to express themselves in a cool-headed and considered manner.
5. Please remain on-topic for the site. While we wish to set a friendly tone, we would like keep the site serious, professional and business-like, and to discourage off-topic comments, excessive jokiness, posting of non-informative images, videos etc.
6. We strongly discourage any infringement of copyright, and material we believe might be infringing will be removed.
7. Membership is one-account-per-member, and non-transferable. Do not give others access to your login details, and ensure that you have chosen a secure password (a combination of numbers and letters is good). Activities which abuse the technical facilities of the forum or are likely to negatively impact its security or smooth operation are not allowed.
8. If you see posts, or receive messages or emails via the site, which infringe the rules or spirit of the site, please report them to an Admin/Moderator. Avoid replying to rude/abusive posts on the forum as this tends to escalate the argument. Public dispute of Moderation decisions is not allowed.
9. We reserve the right to limit members ability to post, or to suspend or terminate their membership, both for adverse behaviour on the site, and also for comments elsewhere which attempt to bring the site, or staff, into disrepute.